Street 24 (On the side closer to Al Barsha Mall.) On Google maps
please look for directions for Al Barsha Pond Park jogging trail.
Open to families and individuals alike, these free yoga sessions held at Al Barsha Pond Park is an ideal way to begin your weekend.
Alignment based Yoga session has its foundation in Hatha Yoga, with added inspiration from the Iyengar and Ashtanga tradition of practice.
We adopt props and alignment principles introduced by Guruji B.K.S Iyengar. Elements of Ashtanga yoga, especially, variations of Surya Namaskar A and B, Ujjayi breath and Dristhi as taught by Guruji Pattabhi Jois is combined into the practice. Taking inspiration from both these lineages, we work towards building strength, stamina, endurance, and flexibility in a balanced way.
This is a Level 1 Class and is suitable for:
- A beginner looking to ease into yoga practice
- Someone with pre-existing injuries
- Students dealing with postural or muscle imbalances
- Practitioner wishing to incorporate Yoga to fight lifestyle diseases
- Students who have practiced before, but are looking for corrections and a scientific way to practice asanas
- A self taught Yogi looking for guidance and improving their asana practice
We focus on alignment to ensure safety in practice. It is important to note that every human body is built different, hence there is no “one alignment fits all” . We understand and respect this in all our classes and in our free yoga sessions. Competition is highly discouraged, and emphasis is given on improving self awareness and respect our limits in every asana.
Complete beginners, please enquire about our 3 month beginner (Level 1) Yoga programs.
This is a walk in class. If you would like to know more about this class or any other classes, please use the form below to contact us.