Street 24 (On the side closer to Al Barsha Mall.) On Google maps
please look for directions for Al Barsha Pond Park jogging trail.
Alignment based Yoga session has its foundation in Hatha Yoga, with added inspiration from the Iyengar and Ashtanga tradition of practice.
We adopt props and alignment principles introduced by Guruji B.K.S Iyengar. Elements of Ashtanga yoga, especially, variations of Surya Namaskar A and B, Ujjayi breath and Dristhi as taught by Guruji Pattabhi Jois is combined into the practice. Taking inspiration from both these lineages, we work towards building strength, stamina, endurance, and flexibility in a balanced way.
It is important to remember that every individual is different. We embrace an anatomical and scientific approach, helping the practitioner go deeper into each posture. The use of props, hands on adjustments and the alignment cues, help the practioner build proprioception or inner awareness.
Working in smaller groups of 5 to 10 students ensures benefit and attention to each practitioner.
This is a Level 1 Class and is suitable for:
- A beginner looking to ease into yoga practice
- Someone with pre-existing injuries
- Students dealing with postural or muscle imbalances
- Practitioner wishing to incorporate Yoga to fight lifestyle diseases
- Students who have practiced before, but are looking for corrections and a scientific way to practice asanas
- A self taught Yogi looking for guidance and improving their asana practice
Complete beginners, please enquire about our 3 month beginner (Level 1) Yoga programs.
This is a walk in class. If you would like to know more about this class or any other classes, please use the form below to contact us.