Vacancy for Software Support Engineer with a European company in Dubai. They will be tasked with Implementing software packages, respond to and troubleshoot all customer software issues at customer sites, ensuring that issues are resolved within the contracted times.
[Please note that there are multiple roles for Software Support for Dubai and KSA.
- French & Arabic Speaking
- Saudi Nationals for KSA
- Non French/Arabic speaking
These roles have been advertised separately, Please apply to the right role according to your language skills.]
- Responsible to troubleshoot and identify customer issues with the software and escalate to the R&D team if code changes are required.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for customer communication
- Document all issues in issue tracking system
- Setup and configuration of test environment in order to duplicate issues
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with all customers at all times
- Keep up-to-date with technical product knowledge
- Lead Implementation activities at customer site
- Provide training on software as required
- Create documentation (Support/Training) as required
- Installing, configuring and administering/managing IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5 (WAS), Jboss EAP 6 and IIS
- Computer Science or related degree and 4+ years’ experience in a customer support role and prior experience in banking or warehousing industry is desirable.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skill are a must.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, ability for multitasking and good organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and persistent in execution and follow-up tasks and the ability to lead and work in a team environment.
- Experience with setting up database servers, application servers and reporting servers
- Demonstrated skills in operating systems (MS platform – NT/XP/Windows 7, SERVER2012, CITRIX) database systems (MS SQL 2012, Oracle) and application systems (IBM Websphere, JBoss)
- Working knowledge of used programming languages (e.g. Java, .NET, C#) is desirable and have excellent ability to communicate and work effectively with other team members in a multicultural and international environment.
- Need to utilize sound judgment in dealing with business information.
- The ability to make recommendations for continuous quality improvements in all areas of accountability.
- Must be willing to work in a 24×7 environment. Must be willing to travel on-site and for extended periods if required.
- Flexibility to work long hours as necessary and able to handle high pressure in a professional manner
- Proficient with war, ear application deployment in Java EE Application Servers environment.
- Deep understanding of JDBC and JMS connection management within WebSphere, Jboss
- Experience with .NET application installation and deployment
- Configuring and integrating applications with database (MS SQL and Oracle), LDAP, Core Banking and 3rd party applications
- Understanding of networking and network standards/protocols, such as DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, FTP, SFTP and IP.
- Strong SQL and database (MS SQL 2012, Oracle 12C) administration (back-up/restore) skills
- Candidate must be willing to travel extensively in all over MEA region (about 50%)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com