In Vinyasa, the movement between poses is with the breath with a short flow or sequence added at regular intervals between the asanas. The breath coordinated movement helps the students get into a meditative state. The vinyasa classes can be gentle or highly energetic with strong emphasis on alignment. The sequencing will be creative, at the same time ensuring the balance between strength and flexibility.
We embrace an anatomical and scientific approach, helping the practitioner go deeper into each posture. The use of props, hands on adjustments and the alignment cues, help the practioner build proprioception or inner awareness.
Morning Vinyasa Classes are suited to:
- Intermediate to advanced students.
- Students with reasonable level of fitness, and a good awareness of the body
- Students who enjoy dynamic or flow yoga with a bit of challenge.
- Practitioners who are interested in learning the Vinyasa system.
- Those who are looking for guidance to ‘better their’ Chaturanga Dandasan by engaging the right muscle group.
- There is a lot of imporatance given to full body muscle engagement in most of the asanas in Vinyasa; anyone looking for a full body workout can join the classes.
Complete beginners, please enquire about our Hatha Yoga Foundation Program