Excellent opportunity for a Business Service Manager to oversee the business support functions of an established non profit organisaiotn in the region. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, you will be in charge of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Internal Governance and Administration, supporting the overall objectives of the organisation.
Commercial and Business Improvement
- Support the Executive Director in improving all budgeting and forecasting development, tracking and reporting.
- Develop and manage an organisation performance measurement and review process, including financial and impact performance.
- Implement an effective financial quarterly and annual reporting and review process.
- Develop and manage project-basedbudgeting, allocation and cost tracking and reporting system.
- Develop a supplier and contractor assessment system, to ensure optimum choice, options, price and delivery with all suppliers and vendors.
- Maintain an on-going awareness of financial and operational best practices and techniques, in order to recommend subsequent plans and strategies to progress organisational and growth objectives.
- Maintain and regularly update all legal and organisation-related documents such as policies, Board resolutions, contracts and MOU’s.
- Manage all activities related to premises, rent, residence visas, trade license, as well as the associated relationships with banks, lawyers, Visa agents, authorities, AUS, etc
- Manage all income-related processes, including forecasting, invoicing and ensuring receivables are paidin a timely manner.
- Develop and manage an effectiveexpenditure sign-off process that is consistent with the Delegation of Authority and meets audit requirements.
- Manage all external audit and reporting processes to authorities and main project donors in the UAE, USA and internationally, including annual independent and mainproject audits, and annualS. filing.
- Optimise and manage the organisation’s constituentcontact management system.
- Support the planning and execution of events, to ensure optimum budgeting, negotiation, cost and logistics effectiveness.
- Negotiate with suppliers, service providers and sub-contractors and maintain renewed and ongoing cost-effectiveness, including all regular admin and event-related expenditures.
- Serve as the Board Secretary for the organisation. Acting as the custodian of the organisation’s records, the secretary is responsible for maintaining accurate documentation of Board, andother official meetings and ensurethat the organisationis meeting legal requirements, such as annual filing deadlines.
Accounting and Finance
- Develop and implement accounting & finance policies and processes for the organisation, ensuring compliance with legislative and statutory controls.
- Conduct financial and commercial analysis to produce financial reports to support the organisational objectives and growth plans while ensuring adherence to all relevant statutory regulations.
- Plan and administrate financial activities within accounting operations (e.g. expenditure, petty cash, inventory transactions ). Update related transactions and records.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable alongside related transactions and manage general ledger according to the Company’s accounting operating model.
- Apply effectivefinancial analysis and techniques in managing petty cash, fixed assists and payroll.
- Prepare financial and accounting statements and ensure they accurately reflect the organisation’s account balance.
- Ensure the conformity of accounting/financial data so that it meets the requirements of external representatives such as regulatory authorities, external auditors and partner company representatives.
HR-Related Business Support Services
- Manage, monitor and review allemployee relations matters and related activities such as employee leave/sick forms. Maintain all relateddocuments in employee personnel
- Oversee employees’ expense reports and sustain related documents in employees’ personal
- Create and maintain personal files and folders for all employees and ensure confidentiality of information.
- Conduct initial assessments for potential candidates in order todetermine their suitability and eligibility for job openings as well as company cultural-fit. Develop and maintain candidates’ database for future position openings.
- Review and update recruitment and selection related materials such as job descriptions and testing tools.
- Manage and supervise administrative and clerical activities such as the purchasing of office supplies and maintenance of the company premises.
- Bachelor degree Accounting or Finance with Accounting qualification (ACCA or equivalent) and/ora degree in Business Administration with an Accounting qualification
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in a relevant business sector or a business services environment, particularlyas a Business Services Manager for a small business.
- Attention to detail and thorough checking of work
- A proactive and self-motivated approachfocused on continually improving the effectiveness and efficiency of a fast-growing organisation
- Highly developed communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- A flexible, supportive and positive team player
- Highly organised, with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks effectively
- High importance attached to integrity and confidentiality
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com