There are two openings for a Software Support Engineer to work for an International company, for their Egypt offices. The role is open only to candidates who are currently based in Egypt. You will be tasked with the installation of software packages at the client site, problem resolution and onsite assistance as required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Installing, configuring and administering/managing IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5 (WAS), Jboss EAP 6 and IIS
- Proficient with war, ear application deployment in Java EE Application Servers environment.
- Deep understanding of JDBC and JMS connection management within WebSphere, Jboss
- Experience with .NET application installation and deployment
- Configuring and integrating applications with database (MS SQL and Oracle), LDAP, Core Banking and 3rd party applications
- Understanding of networking and network standards/protocols, such as DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, FTP, SFTP and IP.
- Strong SQL and database (MS SQL 2012, Oracle 12C) administration (back-up/restore) skills
- Must be willing to work in a 24×7 environment, willing to travel on-site and for extended periods if required.
- Document all issues in the company’s issue tracking system
- Setup and configuration of test environment in order to duplicate issues
- Responsible to troubleshoot and identify customer issues with the software and escalate to the R&D team if code changes are required.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for customer communication
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with all customers at all times
- Keep up-to-date with technical and product knowledge
- Lead Implementation activities at customer site
- Provide training on software as required
- Create documentation (Support/Training) as required
- Computer Science or related degree and 4+ years’ experience in a customer support role and prior experience in banking or warehousing industry is desirable.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skill are a must.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, ability for multitasking and good organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and persistent in execution and follow-up tasks and the ability to lead and work in a team environment.
- Must conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times and utilize sound judgment in dealing with business information.
- Flexibility to work long hours as necessary and able to handle high pressure in a professional manner.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com