The very nature of yoga brings us closer to nature and the best way to practice asana is on mats made with natural materials. No PVC, or artificial irritants.
Our Cotton yoga mats are 100% natural and artisans in rural India hand weave the mats to bring you this masterpiece. Each thick mat takes one full day to complete.
Completely natural and enviornmentally friendly, thick Cotton yoga mats are sturdy and come with a coating of natural rubber at the back. Cotton is hypoallergenic and breathable material..The rubber coating ensures grip to the ground/flooring during the practice.
The Cotton yoga mats can be used both indoors or outdoors. The beauty of cotton is that they are super absorbent, and the more you sweat, the better grip you have.
- Size: 26″ x 76″
- Thickness: approximately 5-6 mm, heavy
- Material: 100% cotton
- Hand woven
- Natural rubber coating at the back to ensure grip to the floor.
- Made in India, no electricity used.
- AZO free dyes, so no harmful chemicals
- Hypoallergenic, environmentally friendly and biodegradable.
- Highly absorbent
- Durable and long lasting
New Season’s Colours:
Our Ardent mat is a combination of earthy red tones symbolising passion, strength, and determination required in the journey of life and in your practice. The earthy browns balance that passion with much-needed grounding and stability, connecting us to mother earth. The natural cotton colour brings in positivity and purity making Ardent mat a perfect companion for your asana practice.
Our collection of Celestial mats has four different shades of blue mixed with the color of natural cotton, reminding us of the sky and the heavens beyond. The colours and the name itself signify vastness, expansion and freedom of both the body and mind that you gain from your practice.
- Our Harmony mat is a blend of contrasting colours. The brilliant deep blue, cheerful and uplifting lemon yellow, energetic shade of red, refreshing turquoise and natural cotton – each colour is completely different and contributes a unique quality, and yet, they merge together in a beautiful union like a colourful bouquet of flowers. The mat symbolises the harmony of body, mind and soul and the harmony that your yoga practice can bring into your life.
- Hand wash or machine wash in gentle cold cycle.
- Air dry the mat, rubber side up in shade to prevent fading.
- Only use mild detergent to preserve the colors.
- Do not bleach.
- In between washes, the mat can be spritzed with water and air dried.
- Roll the mat with the rubber coated side in.
- Keep the mat in a cool place, away from sun light, to prevent fading. Exposing the mat to too much heat can cause the rubber coating to become sticky.
- If you tend to sweat a lot, allow the mat to dry before putting it away.
- Do not fold the mat as it can cause the sticky side to stick to itself.
- If practicing on a wet surface ( in the beach, wet grass etc), we recommend that you spread a towel or an older mat underneath, to preserve the rubber coating of the mat.
Your questions about the mat answered:
- With cotton yoga mats, the more you sweat, the more your hold becomes firm.
- If your slip in the beginning of your practice, you can spray or sprinkle some water lightly on the mat where your hands and feet are which will ensure grip.
- If you are slipping after a week of practice, there is a possibility that you are hanging out on your joints and not using your grip strength. I have seen this to be true for many practitioners who tend to use a sticky mat.
- A sticky mat gives you more grip than needed, encouraging you to rely completely on the mat rather than your own strength. It will result in you hanging out on your joints. This is like using a yoga block for balance, and then putting your entire weight on the block rather than using your strength to lift into the pose.) Unlike the sticky mat, the cotton mat encourages you to rely on your body (and not the mat) and assist you to balance strength and flexibility in the right manner.
- Please write to us at email@example.com to get tips on how to activate your muscles to prevent slipping.
- Our cotton mat is made of 100% natural material. You are truly grounded and connected to earth without any artificial barrier in between.
- Both the product and the packaging are free of plastic, phthalates, PVC and other harmful chemicals and hence better for the environment.
- Easier on the skin – no allergies here from synthetics, and they do not have odor or any synthetic smell.
- Easy to wash – they can be washed in the washing machine in a gentle cycle and air dried.
- They are beautiful, each one intricately handwoven in traditional looms and unique.
- We keep aside an amount of AED 5 from every product sale for the welfare of the weaving community. So in addition to the environmental cause, you are also contributing towards the weaving community through every product you purchase.
The cotton mats are coated with natural rubber to prevent it sliding on the floor. You can rest assured that the mat will stay very firmly on the ground.
Our mats are made of natural cotton yarns. They are colored with Azo free dyes and are individually handwoven by artisans in India using manual looms.
No it is not essential. Using another mat under will defeat the purpose of connection with the ground without an artificial barrier.
But if you are practicing outdoors or on dirty surfaces, do feel free to use a protective layer of natural material or an old mat underneath.
Our thick mats weighs around 2.5 kg and can easily be carried with you to the studio. You can also purchase a carry strap for the mat from our store.
Yes, the thick mat can be used outdoors and indoors. When using outdoors, do layer it with a protective material/mat underneath to keep it clean.
Only keep the cotton mat rolled with the rubber coating on the inside to ensure the mat does not stick and gather dust on the sticky side.
- You can store the mat in a cool place within the house away from direct sunlight, to prevent fading.
- Do not leave your mat in the car as the heat softens the rubber backing, making the mat stick to itself.
Yes indeed. The natural and vibrant colors make them ideal to use around your home.
- You can use them as decorative corner rugs.
- You can use these mats in your majlis or low seating areas.
- They are hypoallergenic, so a great floor mat for your children to sit or play on.