The very nature of yoga brings us closer to nature and the best way to practice asana is on mats made with natural materials. No PVC, or artificial irritants.
Our Cotton yoga mats are 100% natural and artisans in rural India hand weave these mats to bring you this masterpiece. Each thick mat takes one full day to complete.
Completely natural and enviornmentally friendly, thick Cotton yoga mats are sturdy and come with a coating of natural rubber at the back. Cotton is hypoallergenic and breathable material..The rubber coating ensures grip to the ground/flooring during the practice.
The Cotton yoga mats can be used both indoors or outdoors. The beauty of cotton is that they are super absorbent, and the more you sweat, the better grip you have.
- Size: 26″ X 76 “
- Thickness: 4mm, heavy
- Material: 100% cotton
- Hand woven
- Natural rubber coating at the back to ensure grip to the floor.
- Made in India, no electricity used.
- AZO free dyes
- Hypoallergenic, environmentally friendly and naturally biodegradable.
- Highly absorbent
- Durable and long lasting
Burst of purples:
- Purple has always been associated with spirituality, and this mat has four shades of purple invoking a sense of mystery and wonder. The purples are mixed with creamy cotton and natural black shades, making it a visual treat.
- With a potpourri of 3 shades of pink mixed with a hint of burgundy, lavender and the creamy hue of natural cotton, this mat is vibrant and delightful, reminding us of a flower bed on a sunny morning
Cyan & Blue:
- Light and dark cyan, is mixed with royal blue, the darkest navy, natural black and creamy white in this mat to bring us closer to the sky and the deep blue sea. The colours radiate a sense of freedom and serenity.
- Hand wash or machine wash in cold cycle and air dry.
- Only use mild detergent to preserve the colors.
- Do not bleach
- In between washes, the mat can be spritzed with water and sun dried.
- To preserve the colors, it is advisable to soak the mat in cold water with a handful of salt before the first wash.
Your questions about the mat answered:
- Our cotton mat is made of 100% natural material. You are truly grounded and connected to earth without any artificial barrier in between.
- Both the product and the packaging are plastic and PVC free.
- Easier on the skin – no allergies here from synthetics, and they do not have odor or any synthetic smell.
- Easy to wash – they can be washed in the washing machine in a gentle cycle and air dried.
- They are beautiful, each one intricately handwoven in traditional looms and unique.
- We keep aside an amount of AED 5 from every product sale for the welfare of the weaving community. So in addition to the environmental cause, you are also contributing towards the weaving community through every product you purchase.
The cotton mats are coated with natural rubber to prevent it sliding on the floor. You can rest assured that the mat will stay very firmly on the ground.
Our mats are made of natural cotton yarns. They are colored with Azo free dyes and are individually handwoven by artisans in India using manual looms.
- With cotton yoga mats, the more you sweat, the more your hold becomes firm.
- If your slip in the beginning of your practice, you can spray some water lightly on the mat where your hands and feet are which will ensure grip.
- If you are slipping after a week of practice, there is also a possibility that you are hanging out on your joints. if you have been using a sticky mat, this is a reason why you could be slipping.
- A sticky mat gives you more grip than needed, encouraging you to rely completely on the mat rather than your own strength. It will result in you hanging out on your joints. This is like using a yoga block for balance, and then putting your entire weight on the block rather than using your strength to lift into the pose.) Unlike the sticky mat, the cotton mat encourages you to rely on your body (and not the mat) and assist you to balance strength and flexibility in the right manner.
- Please write to us at email@example.com to get tips on how to activate your muscles to prevent slipping.
No ; using another mat under will defeat the entire purpose of connection with the ground directly without an artificial barrier.
Our thick mats weighs around 2.5 kg and can easily be carried with you to the studio. You can also purchase a carry strap for the mat at an additional cost.
Yes, the thick mat can be used outdoors and indoors
Only keep the cotton mat rolled with the rubber coating on the inside to ensure the mat does not stick and gather dust on the sticky side.
- You can store the mat in a cool place within the house away from direct sunlight, to prevent fading.
- Do not leave your mat in the car as the heat softens the rubber backing, making the mat stick to itself.
Yes indeed. The natural and vibrant colors make them ideal to use around your home.
- You can use them as decorative corner rugs.
- You can use these mats in your majlis or low seating areas.
- They are hypoallergenic, so a great floor mat for your children to sit or play on.