Our travel Yoga mats are light weight and natural, suited for all levels of practice. They are easy to wash and care for, with a coating of natural rubber on the back to prevent slipping.
They are 100% cotton, hand woven and environmentally friendly and come in three beautiful colors. The beauty of cotton is that it is super absorbent, and the more you sweat, the better grip you have.We recommend the use of cotton yoga mats on its own, without any artificial mats underneath to achieve full benefit of using a natural mat.
- Size: 26″ X 76 “
- Thickness: 3 mm, light weight
- Material: 100% cotton
- Hand woven
- Natural rubber coating at the back to ensure grip to the floor.
- Made in India, no electricity used.
- AZO free dyes
- Hypoallergenic, environmentally friendly and naturally biodegradable.
- Highly absorbent
- Durable and long lasting
- Hand wash or machine wash in cold cycle and air dry.
- Only use mild detergent to preserve the colors.
- Do not bleach
- To preserve the colors, it is advisable to soak the mat in cold water with a handful of salt before the first wash.
All colours of all our mats are chosen with the theme of the magnificient nature and outdoors.
Spring greens & Poppy:
- In this mat, a lovely shade of poppy is combined with creamy white, and a dash of bright and dark greens . The colours radiate brightness and exuberance.
- Mountain & the skies:
- The reddish brown of the autumn foliage blended with the warmth of stone-blue and misty-blue instantaneously takes you afar to the mountains, encircled by clouds and the blue sky. Expansive, spacious & completely liberating
- A blend of yellow, orange and the blue along with creamy white are the colours of this mat having drawn inspiration from the sun flower fields. These colours are a tribute to the bright yellow sun flowers in full bloom, amidst the blue sky and the orange glow of the setting sun. Vivid and bright, invoking happiness and warmth.
- Unbleached, natural and soft, this is an excellent mat to use for meditative practices as it induces calmness and peace. Great piece to have as a table runner and it will stay in place due to the rubber backing. Easy to clean and handle.
Your questions about the mat answered:
- Our cotton mat is made of 100% natural material. You are truly grounded and connected to earth without any artificial barrier in between.
- Both the product and the packaging are plastic and PVC free.
- Easier on the skin – no allergies here from synthetics, and they do not have odor or any synthetic smell.
- Easy to wash – they can be washed in the washing machine in a gentle cycle and air dried.
- They are beautiful, each one intricately handwoven in traditional looms and unique.
- We keep aside an amount of AED 5 from every product sale for the welfare of the weaving community. So in addition to the environmental cause, you are also contributing towards the weaving community through every product you purchase.
The cotton mats are coated with natural rubber to prevent it sliding on the floor. You can rest assured that the mat will stay very firmly on the ground.
Our mats are made of natural cotton yarns. They are colored with Azo free dyes and are individually handwoven by artisans in India using manual looms.
- With cotton yoga mats, the more you sweat, the more your hold becomes firm.
- If you slip in the beginning of your practice, spray some water lightly on the mat where your hands and feet are – this will ensure grip.
- If you are slipping after a week of practice, there is also a possibility that you are hanging out on your joints and not actively engaging your muscles.
- If you have been using a sticky mat, this is a reason why you could be slipping. A sticky mat gives you more grip than needed, encouraging you to rely completely on the mat rather than your own strength. It will result in you hanging out on your joints. (This is like using a yoga block for balance, and then putting your entire weight on the block rather than using your strength to lift into the pose.) Unlike the sticky mat, the cotton mat encourages you to rely on your body (and not the mat) and assist you to balance strength and flexibility in the right manner.
- Please write to us at email@example.com to get tips on how to activate your muscles.
No ; using another mat under will defeat the entire purpose of connection with the ground directly without an artificial barrier. If you are using the travel mat indoors, we recommend using our yoga blanket or any rolled towel for knee support. When used outdoors or on carpets, you can use them directly on the floor. The rubber coating prevents the mat from sliding on the ground.
It is best to keep the cotton mat rolled with the rubber coating on the inside to ensure it does not stick and gather dust on the sticky side.
- Keep your yoga mat rolled with the rubber backing on the inside
- You can store the mat in a cool place within the house away from direct sunlight, to prevent fading.
- Do not leave your mat in the car as the heat softens the rubber backing, making the mat stick to itself.
Yes indeed. The natural and vibrant colors make them ideal to use around your home.
- You can use them as decorative corner rugs and table runners. I have personally used one of the mats as a table runner and it looks amazing.
- You can use these mats in your majlis or low seating areas.
- They are hypoallergenic, so a great floor mat for your children to sit or play on.